Betta is a kind of Siamese fighting fish and is a popular Aquarium fish. They are highly territorial. Male Betta fishes are very aggressive and have the habit of attacking other fishes if they are kept in the same tank. Compared to them, female fishes are less aggressive but if they are kept in a very small aquarium, then they also tend to become aggressive. Unless used for breeding purposes, the male and female fishes are not kept together. The life span of Betta fish is 3-5 years. They enjoy a decorated tank and also have a courtship behavior.
A brief idea of fish tanks
The Betta fish like different kinds of items in their tanks. The floating foods, preferring bloodworms, brine shrimps are some of the items that can be implemented to make the best betta fish tank. Betta fish is carnivorous. They do not hesitate in having other small fishes in the tanks if they are hungry. Therefore, they are kept at different tank aloof altogether so that they can be in their territory.
Things that are loved by Betta Fishes in their tanks
Some of the best alternative foods for Betta fish are as follows:-
- Floating foods- Floating foods are one of their favorites. They love to see them all the time as they can have them whenever they want. The Bettas do not like to stay hungry for a long time.
- Bloodworms- Bloodworms are one of the favorite items of the Betta fishes. They love to watch them floating around them as they love attractive items around them. Bloodworms are the prey of the fishes. And Betty fishes are high maintained fishes who love to have their favorites around them.
- Fish flakes- As an alternative fish flakes can be used for the Betta fishes especially if they lack protein and they do not like the foods already being provided to them. In such a case, the lives of the other fishes in the tanks can be in danger as they start feeding on them. They start feeding on them and the flakes float all around the tank. They love to feel that their masters care for them.
How many times their tank is maintained?
The tank of the fishes is required to be cleaned regularly. They do not like to reside in the dirty tanks. Oxygen flows are also important for them. 5 gallon of tanks is required for the fishes. Some of the Betta fishes are low-maintained fishes, they do not want their tanks decorated or maintained daily. Water quality also matters to the fishes. If the water is changed daily then the mix of different foods and the mix of carbon-di-oxide will not only disturb their health but their mood also. It can turn them aggressive after some time. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain and clean the tanks regularly.
What kind of tanks is loved by Betta fishes?
Betta fishes generally love decorated tanks. Some of them do not but most of them love so. They love to play, hide, and rest. For playing and hiding they love to have different toys and areas around them. Their tanks are mostly decorated with chips, stones and different sea items that will create a different environment for them. The most important thing is Betta fishes love to stay in clean waters and they love to rule in the tank alone. Specialized pallets are some of the lovable things they love to have surrounding them. It keeps them calm and quiet. Plants are loved by them.
So the plants that generate oxygen in the water can be kept in the tanks so that it can keep the fish healthy. The plants also make the tank look beautiful and colorful. Forgiving new habitat to a new fish, certain new items such as false fishes, false fish foods, etc. are kept in the tanks. It makes the fish realize that they are not alone. They are having friends around them.
Certain suggestions for keeping the Betta fish happy in the tank
As mentioned above, Betta fishes love to stay in clean waters where the environment should be nice and full of oxygen. But there are certainly other factors and conditions which are required to follow if the fishes are required to be kept in the tank without other fishes.
- Tank quality should be pristine and the water is not a mess. If the water and the tank are clean them it will not create unnecessary waste inside the tank and it will readily not affect the health of the fish.
- The water temperature of the water is to keep constant tropical. The fishes when will be without food, tend to get agitated. The water temperature will help them to stay healthy and calm.
Some other suggestions for tanks
- Water quality is another perspective which one needs to focus one. When one is at home, they tend to change the water regularly. But when on vacation the treatment is not conducted. It is suggested to change the water as on the day of leave and on the day when they will return from vacation. At least 80% of the water is required to get changed before leaving. It will keep the Ch. Level of the water the same.
- While going for a vacation the Betta fishes should be kept at a normal room temperature which is not completely dark and is not getting complete sunlight. It will affect the health of the fishes especially when they are surviving the period without food.
The Betta fishes are considered to be one of the adjusting fishes of the world as it can adapt to any environment. Unless some high-maintenance fishes are adopted most of the fishes love to stay in minimal requirements. Decorations and plants and clean water are some of the basic requirements. Apart from that, the Betta fishes do not require many things to stay in a tank for a long time. Since they are regarded as a different species of fishes, it becomes the duty of the owner to keep them healthy and happy by providing them their best betta fish tank.